Seven things your band could send to your email list after a big show:
1. Photos of setting up, playing, and hanging out afterwards.
2. A handful of the photos you took with fans, and the super cool people you met backstage, like that guy that wears yellow glasses and writes about heavy metal email newsletters (hey, that’s me!)
3. Talk about some of your favorite bands that played
4. Explain how you picked your set list (include a photo)
5. Send a store discount, and the code word is the second song title from your set
6. Ask people who saw you at the event to reply to your email with photos they took, or their favorite song of the night (this can be helpful for building segments)
7. Share a funny / weird / dangerous / scary story that happened
After all this, it’s a perfect time to mention your upcoming tour, or that EP you just released.
Not in a band? Talk about your upcoming photo shoots, upcoming designs you’re working on, courses you’re teaching, bicycles you’re building – whatever!